Enjoy these taquitos as a main dish or as an appetizer. They are incredible paired with Floydy Pants Ranch and Cholula. Add a little guacamole and it’s a party!
Jackfruit Taquitos topped with Floydy Pants RanchCourse: Appetizers, DinnerCuisine: Vegan, Mexican
1/2 onion finely diced (optional)
2 cloves garlic minced
20 oz can Jackfruit
1/2 cup water
1.5 cups Kidney Beans
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes (chopped & boiled)
1.5 Tbsp Chili Powder
1.5 Tbsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1.5 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Canola or Vegetable Oil for frying (can be baked)
Top with Floydy Pants Ranch and Cholula.
- Heat oil in pan until hot. Use enough oil to cover half of taquitos.
- Start by chopping sweet potato and boil in a just enough water to cover potatoes.
- Dice onion very small and saute in 1 tbsp oil of choice until soft and clear –about 4 minutes
- Add garlic and cook another 3 minutes until fragrant
- Drain Jackfruit and add to pot along with water. Add spices. Cover pot and cook until soft and easy to break apart (about 7 minutes)
- Break up jackfruit. Add beans and sweet potatoes. Use sweet potato water if more moisture needed. Smash sweet potatoes and beans into jackfruit mixture.
- Use a heaping tbsp to place mixture. Roll tortillas and place in hot oil. Cook on medium/high heat until golden. Flip and cook other side until crispy and golden.