These mozzarella sticks are totally worth the effort. They are super easy, with most of the extra time spent in the freezer. You can prepare them before hand and freeze for longer as well. Perfect snack on a lazy Sunday!
Vegan Air Fried Mozzarella Sticks with Floydy Pants Ranch DressingCourse: AppetizersCuisine: American
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese–adapted from It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken
1/2 cup cashews
1 cup water
3 Tbsp Tapioca Powder
1 Tbsp (heaping) Nutritional Yeast
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp GF Flour
- Dry Ingredients
1 cup crushed tortilla chips (I used a blender to make them super fine)
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
- Wet Ingredients
1/4 cup Unsweetened Plant milk
2 Tbsp GF Flour
1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
Floydy Pants Ranch Dressing for dipping
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Add all ingredients to blender. If you do not have a high speed blender you may need to soak cashews overnight. Once mixture is smooth, pour into a pan and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cheese will start to coagulate and then will form a smooth stretchy texture.
- Pour cheese into an 8×8 pan and flatten across the bottom. Freeze for a half hour.
- Meanwhile prepare wet ingredients by mixing all together
- Prepare Dry ingredients by mixing all together
- Creating the Mozzarella Sticks
- Remove cheese from the freezer and slice in 1.5″ slices and then slice down the middle the opposite way. Use a spatula to pop each mozzarella stick up. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp of gf flour, turn over and sprinkle with other half of gluten free flour.
- Lift each individual stick out of tray and dip in wet mixture. While dipping you can kind of form into a better mozzarella stick shape.
- Roll in dry mixture and coat until completely covered
- Layer in one layer in air fryer.
- Cook on air fryer setting for 10 minutes.
- Dip in Floydy Pants Ranch! Enjoy!